View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #68
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: All about heaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
In one of the earlier post it was stated that 60-63 did not offer a deluxe heater set up, But according to the options catalog I have they did. This is the 1960 edition page.
You know Jake that first picture is just weird. I've seen it before but never took the time to analyze it. I can't envision any way that could be installed as shown. The long upper intake would obviously have to be connected under the hood to the plenum intake on the upper firewall, but the defroster ducting would have to be inside the cab. And of all the heaters I've seen, the economy models are the only ones to have the fan motor inside the cab. The deluxe models are under the heater core on the engine compartment side of the firewall as shown.

It appears what they did was rotate the fan housing outlet to the side so it could connect directly to the defroster valve, and left out the elbow duct that actually connects the two parts inside the truck. It was probably just slapped together to have a picture for an advertising brochure, figuring nobody would know what it's suppose to look like anyway. But it sure is confusing from a historical documentation standpoint.