View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #54
Derek@AccuAir

Re: Mr. Simpson Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
The more I see of the Chopin Block front suspension, the more I am liking it.

Can you give your thoughts on it over some of the others out on the market today?
There were a couple of things that made me choose the Choppin Block kit.

I discussed the fact that I'd like to be able to track the truck and that I'll be daily driving it pretty hard with Vince at Choppin Block. He explained to me how much time they put into making the steering geometry perfect for the truck and the fact that they have some very cool computer programs to do so.

Pair that with the fact that they're the only ones offering a Torsion style front, and rear, sway bar that I've seen on a lot of cars and trucks specifically built for racing and I knew their kit would make my bagged truck handle amazingly.

The other factors for choosing this kit were the cammed bolts on the lower A-arms to adjust the caster/camber, rather than having to use shims on the upper arms like most do. Choppin Block went out of their way to make sure the engine and transmission stay as low as possible in the chassis. They only had to lift the engine roughly 3/4", rather than 2+" like others. The fact that you don't have to cut and notch your chassis to clear the steering was a big plus to me. It's cleaner and saves a lot of time. Lastly, all of their joints have zerk fittings and Delrin bushings, which in my experience with aftermarket suspension makes a BIG difference in longevity of the parts.

My Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=734098
Derek@AccuAir is offline   Reply With Quote