View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:06 AM   #201
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Have you figured out your fan wiring yet? I've been doing research on Gen V's in hopes of doing one on the next project. From what I've read, the ECM is not capable of turning on fans with a high/low function like the previous generations. It controls the speed of the fans in a variable speed fashion. That or you can install a temp sender and a standalone fan controller, but I like how clean the factory setup is and letting the ECM control the fans.
Updates? Unfortunately nothing to report truck wise. I've been preparing for my daughters wedding that is scheduled this coming Oct. 10. She wants to have her ceremony and reception here at our place, and that requires a ton of work to be ready for that. She wants the ceremony to be near a particular grouping of trees and have the guests be able to have a short walk over to the barn where dinner will be served, then dancing. I've been focusing on building a shop so I can store all the stuff that is currently in my pole barn. The plan is to in to pour a slab in the barn which will server as our reception hall. I think I may have agreed to more than I can get done in time...

I know that my stand alone harness, (from Swaptime) does have a single wire that is labeled "fan" The fan that I installed just has 2 wires, so I'm hoping my computer can work with what I bought. It would be really cool if the ECM does control my fan with variable speed because it seems like it may be loud at full speed. I probably wouldn't be able to hear it over the motor anyway. I won't be much of a help with anything wiring related, but I'll be glad to try.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote