View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
camrycurt

Re: Any consensus on drip edge sealer?

Having just done this, I totally recommend going with the two part stuff because it is so easy and self levels like magic. I used the Evercoat #824 sealer because it comes in a tube that fits a regular caulking gun so I didn't have to buy the special $100 3M gun that you need for the 3M products. But hands down, two part is the way to go.

I had to do mine twice because I tried it first with the Eastwood High Solids seam sealer and it was a complete disaster. That stuff is probably excellent at sealing seams where appearance is not a factor (like floor and firewall seams), but for the drip rail it was terrible. I couldn't get it flat so in the end it was smeared everywhere and looked like the worst caulking job in the world. I think it would have been water tight, but it looked like complete crap. I tried to convince myself it would be OK for a couple of days before digging it all back out and buying the two part stuff.

With the two part, all you do is lay it in and in two minutes it self levels and in five minutes it cures to a perfect finish. It looks great and I am still amazed and smile every time I see it.

Do yourself a favor and give the two part self leveling stuff a good hard look!

Hope that helps.

1970 C/10, 250 L6 with Rochester BV carb, SM465 4 speed, 3.73 open rear
camrycurt is offline   Reply With Quote