View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #102
Breadfather

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SPORT View Post
I have no reliable information on production numbers.

Very few survive in original form;but because many have been repainted they are hard to ID;The units with the sport bar are easier to id because of the aux light switch on the dash;as far as I know this was the only application that used it.
Based on the fact that they were advertised nationally and seen in magazine road test I would estimate between 1000 and 5000 were built...a big range...but there is no way to verify the number.
Are your estimates for all years of the sport package or just the 77s? As I'm sure you know, there are a lot more pictures of what appear to be 76s floating around but very few 77s and even fewer 4x4 fleet sides. I'm not trying to make my truck out to be something it's not, but I just want to understand what I have. I am still blown away by the lack of information out there, and as I begin to work on it I want to make sure I don't erase a piece of square body history.

At the very least it sounds like I need to see about getting dimensions so I can look into having a "sport bar" made. I guess I will also start seeing if I can track down some original wheels. I am guessing those will be the "easy" parts, as the decals seem to be the most elusive as far as sizing info, and size. Any help you can offer on dimensions would be appreciated.