View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #111
Breadfather

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 ChevySport View Post
Breadfather: Actually the figures are there to get a fairly close estiment but the task to get them would be daunting. Let's take the 77 Stepside sport for
example(9J8) option. One could get the Canadian figures from GM Canada if
one could get them to find them. Not sure how their computer is set up but
maybe they could punch that option up and the data base would tell them how many where shipped to the Canada Dealer Network in 77. Then one could estimate how many more where shipped to the US Dealer Network. This has
been done with the NCRS for Corvettes. IIRC the estimate when it was done
was 10 USA Corvettes for 1 Canada Corvette. The final figure would of course not be 100% but would be "In the ballpark". Lot of "ifs-ands-and-buts". My guess is that there was less than 100 (9J8) shipped to Canada. Larry
Like you said, it would be quite daunting and would only be an estimate. I am thinking that the good folks at the GMHC would have access to the same information. They either didn't want to take the time or it isn't there. They did not start keeping great records until the mid to late 70's as far as their website says. But they were able to get the dealer invoice for my truck so I am sure, the information is out there, it's just a matter of being able to navigate their records, and that is not something John Q. Public is able to do.

It is funny, that I knew nothing about the sport package and I've loved these trucks all my life. It took a trip to Manhattan, KS from OKC to buy a slightly rusty replacement for my old blown up 77K10 to put them on the radar for me.