View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #44
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: True C5 Rear Disc w/ internal parking brake in the works

Finalized the e-brake cable bracket. OE Camaro rear brakes use a cast iron backing plate and the ebrake cable passes through the hole and the fingers on the cable secures it, just like our backing e-brake cables on the trucks. since the metal im using is 1/8, its too thin for the fingers to grab on to and actually old the cable so it doesnt wiggle around. I simply made a holder, just like a distributor hold down bracket. Simple and effective.
On my spare 12 bolt, I found out the wierdest thing. The offsets are not the same... different enough that you have to shim the caliper inwards .10" on one side and outwards .10".. I just happen to have some .10 hardware store washers laying around and happend to be the ideal thickness to center the caliper basket right over the rotor. So I wont be having the brackets milled down to make it a perfect fit, I will just use some hardware store washers to align the baskets.
I was looking at Lokar ebrake cables... dang 119 from summit.... dang any rate, thats an option to make it uber easy but its costly.
clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote