Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #1480
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

I also got this box from a buddy in the middlewest. Thanks DW!

and this as well

this is a billet core plug for the rear of the block. the core plug behind the #6 cylinder has a tendancy to dead head when these things spin faster than OEM RPM. the water pump builds more pressure than expected and the core plug can push out of the block. add to the fact that the rear of the block is a kind of a hot spot and there can be a tendency to boil off the coolant and add to the pressure issue as well as cooling troubles. that stems from the lack of flow through the coolant passages in the area. this has a port in the rear to relieve the pressure and allow flow for better cooling. it will also be convenient (relatively speaking) for me in the future, which we will see sometime.

i went ahead and installed the flywheel and clutch

then the billet core plug.

waiting on one last accidentally forgotten clutch arm to be able to sling the trans in.

also, along the way these were finished

Ryan convinced me that i was a weeny if i didnt upgrade to the big output for the DHD. i agreed. so the one piece TH is late to the party, but they have it at the color shop, so soon ill have the case ready. i need to order parts to finish re-assembling the case, so it'll be a minute for that. soon though.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote