View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #74
truckster

Re: Anyone ever had luck getting summit to honor a warrantee for a bad crate engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
The problem is for us that have built their own motors and motors for others hundreds of times, this problem makes no sense. If everything that has been suggested has been tried/checked correctly that is.

Without actually looking at it yourself, you do not know what has been looked at and if it was looked at, was it looked at correctly?

It will be interesting to see what is wrong. If GM actually checks that motor out or just replaces it. I really do not see them just replacing it without at the very least doing some standard diagnostics on it first.

I have worked on many vehicles that the owner says "All I did was tune it up and now it wont run correctly". Every time is was because of something minor not adjusted correctly. Not setting plug gaps and the such.

Most of the time as soon as it is not running correctly, someone grabs the dizzy and just starts cranking it back and forth.

Ok, rant over.
A second set of eyes never hurts. I couldn't count the times someone has told me, "I already checked that." So I say, "Well, let me check it again," and guess what - I find the problem in something that's "already checked."
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote