View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 03:08 AM   #213
Curtb1971

Re: Newbie, Buying my first. 72 GMC K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph2001 View Post

I have a question or two. Why do the front tires have to be off and the truck on Jack stands when the front clip comes off?
Is there a trick to pulling the windshield wipers to remove the cowl or should I just get the tool?
I mentioned the jack stands and removing the tires because you wouldn't nred to lift the clip as high for the inner fenders to clear the tires. You can keep the truck on the ground and tires on just gotta eat more wheaties that morning but it looks as you guys have your fair share of lifting to do. As far as removing the wiper arms the tool will make this job very easy but.. you can take a flat screwdriver use it to pry the clip up but make sure you put a rag between it a the cowl to not scratch it up bad (I had to resort to this option before) PB blaster will come in handy here too as these buggers can be stuck on good. Don't pry just one spot, take your time going around the wiper and don't get frustrated. Hope some other guys can chime in here on removing the wiper arms as well. Man, really wish I was closer and could help you guys out.
Curtb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote