View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #192
buffydores

Re: 1978 Russet Metallic 4x4

Few more comments. One of my metal 4x4 rally caps walked off on me. Not sure if it worked itself loose or was stolen. I'm gonna loktite those suckers on going forward. I'm going to a little local car show tomorrow. I'm bummed that one cap will be missing.

My mirror solution was short lived. The part that must be able to shear/slip is the inner rubber sleeve surface to the mirror stem. My clever rubber stem wrap failed once you worked it a bit. I'm now running the factory clamps with factory rubber sleeves on aftermarket mirrors with factory rubber grommets. My bet is that they will still creep at speed regardless.

I went ahead and replaced the other halogen assembly in the other KC Hilites Daylighter. New but old. They look sharp. I measured the light at the speced distance (10 meters). The factory specs it at 1,130 lux for the driving lights. I'm seeing 1,430 lux in the hotspots, so I'm not sure how KC Hilites comes up with their numbers. These lamps, again, are gonna work well. Remember, a factory low beam is typically punching around 550 lux in its hotspot. And these lamps are DOT certified to be an auxilary headlamp.

Last edited by buffydores; 06-17-2017 at 10:53 PM.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote