Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #968
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

The good, the bad, and the ugly of LST...

It was an amazing weekend in Conroe. Getting there was scary! There was a large storm system going across Texas, and the northern portion of that storm was sleet, snow, and ice. We hit all of it. When we got to little Sweetwater, TX there was 1.5" of ice on the ground and more coming, see the below pic. So we slowly crept along until we were out of the ice and mess, and eventually at 1:30 AM got to Elgin, TX which is on the east side of Austin. Sketchy beyond measure!

The next morning with our nerves in a not so fried state we headed to the show. Got there with no complications. Just the way we like it! We got our area setup for our club (Banzai Cruisers). As we were setting up a film crew came over to talk with us and they said they wanted to shoot to 75Dually! The photo shoot took place on Saturday afternoon along with a rolling video shoot on top of that. Man I was over the moon! I will share what I can of the photo shoot and video when it becomes available.

The next couple of days were amazing! So many cool rides! Almost too many to remember. I took lots of pics and video. I got to meet so many cool guys and gals. It is amazing to me how these trucks pull us all together and allow us to share our passion for fabrication, cool rides, endless talk on what's the latest thing someone has done to their ride, or what they plan on doing to their ride in the future. If you came over and spent time talking trucks with me I am certainly very glad you did, because you made this show so much fun! Cheers to each of you!

Now the bad... As many of you may have heard there were a lot of trucks who got into accidents on the way home. The last day of the show there was a terrible storm system again moving across Texas with a bunch or rain. I felt so sorry for those folks as we were getting word through Facebook and Instagram on the way home. Well the 75Dually did not dodge all the bullets this weekend either. Just one hour from the house I spun a rod bearing and that was it for my 454. We parked on the side of the road and my lovely wife came and rescued us. We had to tow it home, but we were not in any hurry and just took our time. This was all due to my error. We stopped to check the oil and get ready for our last hour in the truck. I pulled back onto the state route and did not see that the trans was in second gear! The second my buddy noticed it, it was to late... It had spun to high for this high mileage BBC and we think the plastic piece that attaches to the oil pump failed and then the rod spun. That was all she wrote. Got on the phone and asked my bride to come get us. I guess the good side of this coin is that I already had the Cummins waiting to go in after we got back from this trip. However this was not the way I wanted this trip to end. But folks that is what we do, we fix stuff! We break it and then we learn how to fix it, make it better, and stronger. The 75Dually will be back on the road before you know it.

I will be working on my 68 GMC for a while getting it street ready. After I get it on the road I will start on the Cummins swap.

Below are some pics of our road trip and them I will post some of the show.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote