View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #105
Russell Ashley

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Very cool! Just drive that baby!

I got out to the garage last night to simply put my curtains back up so I can weld and grind without having to move my Gran Sport out of the garage. I am going to get out to that garage for 5 minutes every day, sometimes it's something like this, other times it turns into a few hours. But damn it, if I get out there I will get SOMETHING done!

I am a California woosy and have a hard time taking that 40 degree garage!

I also had to pay tribute to Pete Chapouris who died yesterday. Damn it's hard to hear that he passed away. I was of the era that changed because of him. That magazine, the first time we saw "The California Kid" and Jakes "Screaming Yellow Zonker" OMG I studied every page of that magazine like I had studied no book in school EVER. I have it hanging up in my garage, now it's there for a different reason.

Brian
Brian, first let me say that I'm sorry to hear that Pete C. has died. As a long time car magazine reader his name is very familiar, and what hot rodder hasn't lusted over the "California Kid".
Here's a couple of R&C magazines that I still have. You might remember these from 1958 and 1959. It makes me smile to see the difference in quality of the cars then and now. These are the small ones, BTW. 5 by 8 inches.
Attached Images

Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote