View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #14
mr48chev

Re: 53 vs 54 front fenders

I don't toss usable pieces out. The yellow fender above I knocked the dings out of and sent to a 16 year old in Phoenix because he had an accident with his 54 the first time he drove it when the brakes failed. Just a quick drive around the block after it was unloaded off the trailer and before it went in the garage to be freshened up. The GMC fender came with a Chevy fender painted to match from some guys who had hauled them and some more pieces to a swap meet. I bought the lot of stuff outside the gate when I found the guys figuring out how to tie it down on their trailer. Asked if they had bought it or had it for sale and they said that they had it for sale and we made a deal on most of the stuff on the trailer and loaded it into my truck. I've got the bottom part of a big truck fender that can be a patch for it as it is smashed up in the headlight area and was torched off the cab at the back.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote