View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #170
Advanced Design

Re: Brother's keeper - '58 Stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
I know I can do it. Honestly, I'm getting burned out from spending my nights and weekends working on it. To make room for working on the truck, I have my hot rod stashed at a buddy's place an hour away, I drove it for exactly one weekend in the past year and a half. I miss hanging with my friends at cruise nights and car shows. I miss taking a rip through the countryside, just because I felt like it. I love hanging out with my friends and family. The prospect of doing without for another summer is stressing me out. This is supposed to be fun.

I finished my GTX almost 20 years ago, I suppose I had more energy and ambition back then...
Very nice work on the truck! GTX looks sweet too.

Many of us have been there...do I work on the project or take this Saturday to go to a car show or cruise in? Getting burned out and keeping going. I’ve tried to do a balance (some summer cruise ins or shows, winter project building with no time pressure) and then I enjoy the project build more. Of course the build goes more slowly.

Then I’ve also set a goal to make a specific show or event, which helps keep me motivated, then burn the candle at both ends to make it. That has worked for me on several projects. To make it, I selectively hire help or farm out some work. That feels more like work and project management to me, though like I mentioned, it has worked to get one “done”.

Enjoying your work and continuing to tag along!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote