View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Foot Stomper

Re: Glasurit Hugger Orange 1971

as a matter of fact... I think I do....but check with your local Glasurit dealer for validation. Get a spray out (as I did) and check the color before buying 2 gallons of it.

I caution you a little... all colors can be made in any kind of paint by any kind of paint company. (99.9% of the time).
Because you like Brand A doesn't mean Brand B can't make the same color.
Some colors seen in Europe on a BMW may very well be a Chrysler color in North America... colors are not owned by either paint brand or car manufacturer... phew.. got that off my chest... now onto more relevant information share.

I chose the same color as my neighbours Z28. Hugger Orange 1970 Code GM 65. Here are some pictures of the car. I can assure you 100% that my code below is a butt match! Notice how the car looks to be four different colors??

Because "Glasurit" does not make a single stage, you can still stay with BASF and go to their UNO line. (perhaps you are confusing single stage with solid color as some do?) UNO is exactly what I have chosen to do. I even went to so far as to buy some generic clear that will go over the UNO...wet on wet. (I used to sell BASF products as a career BTW).

NOTE: computer screens and cell phones drastically change color a lot from real life eye ball!
Attached Images

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote