View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 01:53 AM   #50
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quick update!!... and brakes are done.

Not very fun when doing them on loose backing plates. Although, way better than being inside of a wheel well when you are up on jackstands. Lol.

Other things....

I picked up my new gas tank, I need to have the neck out of my old one attached/soldered to this one still. Wondering if it may be easier to weld the neck off of the old tank to the end of the new one. The tank from LMC looks like it has one heck of a solder job on the inlet nozzle, I would assume that they will need to heat that tank up pretty good to get the new nozzle out. Im not excited about the finish on the tank being toast.

Also picked up my "new to me" tilt steering column. I need to clean it up and paint it... that will come later on down the road.

Lastly, I bought two cheap inner pinion bearings. The plan was to grind the inside of the bearings so that I could slide them off and on by hand therfore making the process of setting the backlash way easier. Unfortunately they gave me some weird bearing for my dana 44... so now I need to take that one back and get the correct one.
Attached Images