View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #14
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: opinion on the 6.2 diesel engine

See my sig. I get 26 mpg in town. I have 3.42s that rev the engine alittle high on the interstate so the mileage goes down a touch on the highway. I will say that I have had minimal problems with mine. I've been told I'm lucky. I think if you take care of your junk it takes care of you. Also I have my pump turned up. It gave it a little but you have to remember it's not turbo'd so it doesn't affect it like it would a cummins. It will though when I put the turbo I have in the garage on it. More than half the people that talk trash about 6.2s have never owned one. Because if they have or had owned one they wouldn't be talking trash. It really gets pathetic sometimes how people follow a crowd. The 6.2 gets a bad rap because it was a diesel offered in our trucks along with the olds 5.7 diesel. The olds 5.7 diesel is rumored to be piece of junk. Don't know personally because I've never had one but I will tell you that 6.2 is a very reliable motor even though it's grouped in with the 5.7 olds because it's a diesel and most people think they're one in the same. But there not. End rant.

Last edited by Stitch; 07-24-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote