View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #91
CastIron

Re: Would you trade your glamour truck for a brand new Chevy?

I commented earlier on the first page that I wouldn't trade because of the simplicity of the older trucks. I want to expand on that a little. I don't mind newer vehicles. They are safer, have good power stock, get better mileage and are generally more refined that our old trucks. But they are much more complicated when they do break, and it's very possible they could break. Our old trucks are very easy to make reliable and more refined, and still easy to fix if something happens. I did some minor upgrades/improvements on mine, such as adding power steering, front sway bar, 3 point seat belts, HEI, and a higher output alternator. I'm still in the slow process of improving it, but at some point I plan on taking it on longer road trips. I'll carry just a few basic tools and won't stress about it breaking down. And if it does break, I won't have to pay somebody to fix it. I will just do it myself.
On a side note, I never actually pay people to fix my cars. I fix cars for a living and know how to work on new cars. Even with that, I prefer the old trucks to the new ones.
CastIron is offline   Reply With Quote