View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #53
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Hey guys,

I have some pricing questions for you. So I want to recover my orignal dash. Needs to be completely redone, its cracked, missing foam the whole nine yards. I want to have it done in black leather. He said he would completely tear it apart and put in new dash padding and make it look like the original (well better since it will be stitched leather.

I also need to have my bench seat also completely redone, it needs new foam as well. I want to have it done in leather.

I was wondering what people generally pay to have seats completely redone in leather with new foam.

An upholster shop here in Austria run by an Italian guy quoted me 2-3K for the seats!! And 1500-1700k to redo the dash.

I understand you get what you pay for and this guy for sure cares about his work, he said he wont do it if i wanted to half ass it haha. Which I appreciate his enthusiasm and ideals. But I was pretty surprised about how much he quoted me.

So I would be looking at around 3500-4500 for the dash and seats. I havent talked to any other shops yet to compare prices.

Here is his website with some examples of his work - http://autosattler-romulus.at/autosattler/de/gallery/

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by 44boggers; 04-25-2016 at 11:59 AM.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote