View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 10:20 PM   #10
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: GMT900 style caliper / PBR 15 square body question

Damn wilwood caliper bolt spacing strikes again. C5/c6 backets not chance on 13"/330mm rotor or the 350mm from the bolt patter measurements provided. Got a chance to measure a v6 Durango with the 13"brakes... no way to make an adapter for the v6 bracket to work with the 13" rotor to possibly fit my damn 17" wheels. From the research I've done, v6 and v8 use the same caliper pistons.. dodge parts catalog online shows a regular and HD brake caliper with a R in front of the regular 13" and had Refurbished in the description.. sounds like refurbished is the only difference and why the R is in the part number.. and funny ha ha is the refurbished part number costs 100$ more ??? A parts counterman is not likely going to know the difference, they will understandably ask for the vin and provide a correct part. They do seem to use a different bracket just like the corvettes do to space them further away. Dodge offers a separate v6 and v8 brake pad. I say v6 as in regular, 330mm rotor and v8 as in 350mm rotor by the way... on rockautos website, it seems the only difference in pads may be thickness. Some brands say 330 or 350mm rotors.. so.. at the moment not excited to make this wilwood c-10 pro spindle work...
Cad drawing that I put together plotting the measurements say a v6 bracket, and v8 caliper.. which doesn't have an R, like the v6 (which may be the same caliper) and the 350 rotor will work just fine.
I say just fine as in a bracket that bolts to the wilwood spindle and the dodge caliper bolts to the adapter and the rotor pilot bore is machined to fit a Chevy hub...

The silverado caliper and bracket looks like it will fit like a champ (with an adapter of course).

Seems only option for these wilwood spindles for me is
Option 1: $$$ on new rims and tires if it doesn't clear the trims I have (since I have 17") and approx 450 on the 13.8" dodge brakes, machine work and adapters which will come maybe around the same $$ a the wilwood 14" kit ... not saying it's a comparable brake kit at all!, just comparing size...
Option 2: $$$ 12" wilwood kit brake kit to fit my 17's.. really not even considering it
Option 3: selling the spindle kit I just got...

Damn cross roads in a project
Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress

Last edited by 87chevy.com; 09-29-2018 at 09:59 PM.
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote