View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #10
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 454 ARP and exhaust manifolds

You may have had clearance issues anyways with the Dorman imported cast manifolds...., but WHY did you use the washers?? Just because they were in the kit?
Washers are necessary to keep the hard steel bolt from gauling ALUMINUM heads and influencing torque value. . You don't need the washers with iron heads (which these appear to be with that casting texture and casting flash,,, but they 'may be' painted aluminum heads???) Regardless iron and steel will not gaul so just the ARP moly torque lube and no washer would have been perfectly fine here.

Grinding on the bolt before, removing the washers is definitely not the prefered way to get clearance here. Hopefully it doesn't jump up and bite you on disassembly.Be sue and use a 6point socket on those that you reduced the hex flats of.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 09-03-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote