Thread: Stumped
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 03:24 PM   #13
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Stumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
This indicates you can't use 1157 type LED bulbs in the front blinker and have the side marker lights work. This is because LEDs are diodes and only conduct electricity in one direction.

So what do you think about just using conventional 1157's in the front?

or

You can wire the front markers in the marker-only configuration. They would no longer be dependent on the blinker wiring and would not be affected by whatever type of 1157 bulbs you want to use (LED or conventional). They would not blink. That is the way slightly earlier years worked anyway.

or

There are LED side marker assemblies that have 3 wire hookup, you may need that for the front side marker if it's important to you to have the blink function on the side marker.

-------
my 2 cents.

Thanks for the help. So are you saying if I get the 3 wire LED's I can run LED's in my signal light and side markers and they will blink intermittently? If so do you know here I can get 3 wire LED's as i havent been able to find them.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote