View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #13
davepl

Re: 69 chevy feeling tired!

Complete BS. I said nothing about leaving the resistance wire in. I said that breaker points have a resistance wire. I even specified that during the crank cycle this is not the case. So for you to just pick random ideas out of your head, attribute them to me, and then argue their validity is a waste of your, mine, and everyone's time.

Furthermore, stating your opinion (that carburetor technology did not advance for 50 years, which is laughable) as a fact just confuses people even more.

Problem is that I can't debate offline because there's just too much wrong information disseminated here that can cause people grief. OK, I can argue the merits of Q-Jet vs AFB offline, but that actually wasn't the point I was making. If you actually take the time to read, my point was that there was nothing to be gained in switching from one to the other with respect to the issue he's experiencing. I stand by that. Why argue it?

Click on the link you posted about some lock. What good does that do for anyone? It's a broken link to Wikipedia about how keys and locks work. It has nothing to do with the load capacity or contact alignment of a 1960s GM ignition.

Last week it was telling someone he could use his neutral balanc 350 small block flexplate with his externally balanced 454. That'd work real well. I have no idea if it was you but it's the kind of thing that drives me crazy.

For example, I'll grant that if you load up an old truck with electric fans (without relays) and halogen lamps (without relays) and an electric fuel pump (without relays) and big capacitive discharge box you're probably asking too much. So use relays. If you think the change from breaker points to HEI is a material change in the load, don't tell me you're so smart and experienced that you "know" it, take a measurement.

If your intent is to actually help this guy then stop wasting your energy trying to parse and find fault with every piece of information I post. If I make an egregious error, correct it so the OP doesn't get misled. Otherwise, go beat your dog or something because I don't need the abuse and annoyance.

Going forward I'm just going to stay out of threads you're involved in. If someone burns their truck down at least I won't appear on the thread. And it'll save people from listening to us argue.

Last edited by davepl; 09-17-2014 at 04:47 PM.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote