View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #11
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

I'm off work this week and had grand plans of getting a lot done, but things didn't quite go to plan with my schedule and the weather. However still got a few things done.

The first thing, and it's not a lot to tell from the photo above, was that I moved the cab mounts from my old frame to the new frame. This helped sort out the wheel base, the bed is still slightly out of square in the photo above but that will come together when I make the rear bed mounts, the front is mounted.

Used a plasma for the first time on the bed sides, rough cuts I'll smooth out later with the bed and fender off and put a trailer cut trailer fender over.

For now it's clear of axle and caliper so I could lower the rear of the bed down and measure for mounts, which I did and I made a mock up.

Diaper wipe boxes come in really handy, who knew, these will be mounted to the side of the frame and use the factory rear bed mount boxes. I'll take pics once they are back, welded, and on of course.

I made another, rechecked (then rechecked) my measurements then sent them off to get laser cut along with front shock mounts.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dave_The_BMXER; 08-17-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote