View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #24
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Good progress Dave!! So is it going in your garage at home or at Taylor'd?
To answer your question and update everyone there wasn't any space for me to work at Taylor'd this winter because he's got 3 projects on the go in his side of the shop so this winter after coating the chassis will be coming home to my garage to become a roller.

I've spent a little bit getting the garage ready that I'll get into more in a future blog update but basically I bought tools, modified a work bench someone was givng away and did a lot of clean up so expect a lot of updates from this bench right here:

In the photo above is my entire front end.
Pro Forged Center link, idler arm, and super travel ball joints
Moog Bushings, lower ball joints, end links
Allstar Upper control arms
Engery Suspension sway bar end links
Msport pads and rotors
Belltech Blazer Drop spindles
The whole kit and kaboodle came from Performance Improvements who I can't say enough good things about. I've already started putting a few things together too.

I loaded everything up a few weeks ago to go to Stripping Technologies in Cambridge Ontario who's a friend of mine I wanted to work with for awhile.

The frame is going to be blasted, coated with POR then painted, here's it in POR

I know there's a ton of holes in the front clip that would have been sweet to shave but to keep progress trucking along we focused on making the visible back half as clean as possible, this isn't a show truck so once the front ends on it will all be gravy

The chassis should be back within the the month then I can start putting suspension and brake stuff on it to reunite with the body panels in the spring at Taylor'd.

I'm missing a few things in this quick update but I'll get into it more the next one on my site, also high res photos too.

I am going to have about a million questions (though I've searched quite a bit) once I start bolting stuff together so be warned guys!
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote