View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #74
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

This weekend has been hectic, Friday was a 50th Birthday "party" (read a pub crawl around Newcastle city centre with involving un-healthy quantities of beer, tequila and whisky), Saturday a 51st birthday party (much the same but in fancy dress, I was Captain Kirk ) and Sunday was an afternoon barbeque at another friends, for no reason, other than the weather was nice (I was so grateful to be the designated driver!)

Time on the truck has therefore been a bit limited, however, I have managed to fit the power steering pump part of the kit.

Name:  IMG_1800.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  45.5 KB

The kit comes with the brackets in bare steel so earlier in the week I shot a coat of black on them, it was a sunny evening (yes we get the odd one up here in the frozen north!) so I hung the painted parts on the shed to dry

Name:  IMG_1794.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  49.0 KB

What I had not realised that the kit was supplied with brackets for a short water pump, luckily these Saginaw type pumps have numerous bolts and threaded holes. I was able to use a threaded hole on the front of the pump,

However to use this hole I had to modify the adjuster bracket, I cut approx an inch from the bracket, I clamped it in a vice to check the alignment , before welding it, this process was not terribly kind to the new paint.

Name:  IMG_1826.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  46.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1827.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  53.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1828.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  57.9 KB