View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #128
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

she was nicked with out her top so i dug it out today and installed it ..... boy was it dirty / scummy / yucky . took purple power to the lenses and the 3 towels turned almost black from the gook on the bar . she is much better now .

then i whipped up a few tabs to mount the control box to the bottom of the dash . just so happened 1 screw for ash tray unit lined up on the left and under dash light on right bracket lined up . so no drill install of the box and its firm . the whole dash flexes not the mounting area .

also got my extra gauges and gps and dash cam installed .

gauges 3 pod = fuel psi electric / tach 6k / engine vac "
gauges 2 pod = b&m trans temp with easy to read colors / pass side transfer fuel tank

gps on far left is a garmin unit and i used 3m double sided sticky to the suction cup on the glass . then a thinkwear x500 dash cam with 32 gig sd card and also rear cam mounted behind my head at the top of the slider fixed glass seeing out just past the 2 big stickers .

took me a bit of testing locations for all of this but with me in the seat i have no blocked road vision off the body view . anything blocked is just the truck body so were good there . and the gps and dash cam are wired to a 2 outlet universal outlet unit and only feed key hot . so i dont even need to play with them .
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote