View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #26
reg3

Re: ’48 GMC Build – Cummins 4BT, 47RH, IFS, 4-Link, Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Case View Post
Fun build, STRONG WORK, top notch welds. I like the over build touch. Over building is under rated!!!!!

Keep on keepin on

Nutz
@nutcase couldn't agree more, thanks for the kind words.

I finished up running the steering shaft and as anticipated, the starter proved to be a bit tricky to work around. I tested out a few different routings but ended up running the shaft above the starter then dropping almost straight down to connect to the rack input shaft. This down-turn created a bit of a steep angle, so I ended up running a double u-joint just to be sure it turns smoothly.

It's a bit more complex than I had originally pictured in my head, but it turns as smooth as butter lock to lock and I am happy with the finished product.

I also installed a Classic Performance brake pedal bracket (P/N: 4753FBB). The fitment on this it was pretty excellent and real simple to install.

I also fabbed up a little bracket connecting the lower end of the OEM steering column to the fire wall.

Overall shot of the steering column/under dash. You can see the CPP Brake Pedal Bracket installed in this one (booster isn't connected to the pedal yet).

reg3 is offline   Reply With Quote