Thread: Project S-10?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Project S-10?

The kit I bought didn't come with instructions, but was easy enough to install.

There's a rubber grommet you need to install in the tube, then you need to pull the IAC sensor from the stock intake and stick it in the rubber grommet.

The heat shield pinched my radiator overflow hose, so I had to cut a hole in it and notch it for my e-fan wiring (see pics below.)

The heat shield also required putting the supplied foam stuff on around the edges, I'm not sure if it makes a big difference or not, but I put it on there anyway.

You need to remove the stock bolt on the DS inner fender that held the stock air intake, with that gone you install the heat shield by removing the two bolts on the driver's side of the radiator shroud and slipping the heat shield on there and bolt it down (the radiator shroud is in two pieces split in the middle.) You then screw in the rubber bolt where you removed the inner fender bolt.

Once that's done you can install the blue elbow, the black tube, and the intake filter with the supplied hose clamps. Once it's in place use the washer and nut provided and install it on the rubber booted bolt to hold the tube to the inner fender.

Plug the IAC back in and run the supplied rubber hose and clamps from the port on the intake to the port on the black tube. I trimmed mine about 1" so it fit a little cleaner.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote