Thread: HP Tuners?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #9
sprint_9

Re: HP Tuners?

I decided to buy HP tuners and sell my scanner. I bought it because I planned on atleast getting my C10 going with it and I was having trouble with my daily driver. I used it to adjust the TCC lockup duty cycle on my daily and fixed the issue I had with it. Now I have a enough credits to get my C10 going and maybe get a spare ecm for sake of having a spare.

The thing I like about having HP tuners is the ability to fine tune specific things that might pop up. For example when I was messing with my daily I wanted to change the duty cycle on the torque converter, I also wanted to change where it locked and unlocked. I normally drove right around 38 mph which was lock up, so it would be right at range of locking and unlocking right away if the road changed. I raised it to 40 mph and it got rid of the unnecessary cycling. Its little things like this that make HP tuners worthwhile to have. I plan on taking my truck to a dyno and having it fine tuned, but small drivability issues will still probably pop up and with the program you can fix them.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote