View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #18
bobinbc

Re: Starting my 55 series 2 short bed step side

Don't mean to offend anyone but I'm not really a fan of this fad of spaying clear over patina, for all the trouble to spray the clear you can do a little more prep like sanding all that red primer smooth, and shoot it with a cheap auto or industrial paint, (maybe like the turquoise on the hood?) then a week or so after it dries give it a good scrubbing with coarse rubbing compound and rub through the paint in small areas on tops of fenders and hood. Then clean up with soap&water and you'll have patina or skip the rubbing and leave it like Dan's, very nice and easy to live with. The yellow 57 is mine, I painted it with urethane in my home garage and it turned out great (the flames were a lot more work and other materials)
ONE thing though: I would use some type of industrial or automotive(tractor paint etc) instead of Rustoleum or similar oil based enamels unless you are not planning to repaint the truck someday. Every spec of it will have to be removed completely before painting with automotive paints FYI...just my 2 cents
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cana...geChevyTrucks/
bobinbc is offline   Reply With Quote