View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Any 03-07 SWB K1500s Out There?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
I just bought this one: 2006 K1500 regular cab short fleetside.
Kind of odd options for a municipal truck: 5.3/AT/AC with power windows/locks, cloth seat and rubber floor. 148k miles on it. I did swap the painted steel wheels for some factory 18s which improved the looks, and turned up the front torsion bars about 3 turns. Much more level looking now.
I love it so far, it is like a go-kart compared to my 2005 2500hd crew. I dont always need a HD truck, so I can save the big one for the bigger jobs.
I like that and I have come to be an ex-municipal truck likin' kinda guy. Started with a '91 Diesel 3/4t Suburban from WSSC (Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission). They handle all the crap that comes out of the White House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Hamster View Post
Up here, 4x4 RCSB is fairly common, more so than 2wd RCSB trucks.
Either way, they are usually stepside beds.
Up where, Starbase 4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
The headlights on 03-07 chevy are the same, the grill and hood change two or three times though. 01-02 chevy is the same front end as 01-07 GMC. My old room mate had an 03 standard cab shortbed 1500 with the 4.8 4x4. He used that thing like I use my 2500 CCLB duramax. It handled it like a champ, sold it to a buddy of ours 2 years ago for I think 6k. If you can find one with a 4.8 it makes plenty of power for most uses.
I was hoping this one is a 4.8. I kinda got off track on this thing, but want to roll by there still and see about it. A friend had a 2wd shortbed with a 4.8 and he got great mileage, and I believe you on being plenty enough power for that size.

I've always been an 8-lugger guy, but now liking the idea of a lighter truck. I don't always need to haul a lot of tools and this one has that bed cover

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote