View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #8
drew8mc

Re: Choose your own adventure!

Yes I'm in Portland as well.

I did a compression test and one cylinder was down quite a bit from the others. It also burns almost as much oil as gas. I just figured the rings might be toast at this point. As to what the clicking is, I have no idea. I don't think its detonation (but I don't think I've ever heard it before). It sounds almost like their is a loose nut in the oil pan and the crank picks it up and flings it. This is not what is happening, just what it sounds like, and it only does it going uphill.

It is not my daily driver, but it is a truck, so it comes in handy doing things around the house, as you all know.

I did read Rob's make it handle info, at least most of it. I don't know if I will be able to afford a new chassis, but if you start to add up all the other things I want to do to make it handle, you very quickly arrive at a number that is close if not exceeding a new chassis price. The difference being, one has to lay out all of the funds to get the chassis, while the other pieces can be done in spurts.
drew8mc is offline   Reply With Quote