Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #96
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Updates!
Welded in the rear bag brackets (tip for anyone doing this - a digital level is your best friend!), got the shocks back in, put the air bags in, threw some paint on it and viola... my rear is just about complete.

Just a quick video showing the front and rear airing up and down because my rear finally can, man I'm sure happy about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME1x5Hvja5I

More importantly though, the worst part of my truck was my cab. The firewall was bad, and I mean BAD. I bought a replacement panel from NsaneHotRodz which the pannel was cheap but shipping literally doubled the price. Here's some of the original carnage.

Drilled out the spot welds, ended up cutting it in half to get it out easier, and slid the new pannel in place. The lip where the firewall gets mounted is pretty well shot too so instead of shaping a new piece in it's place I'm going to just weld up the wire channel and use that to mount it. Filled in the cab hole with my Porterbuilt piece as well.

Don't mind the gap, it's not set in entirely, I have to take it back out to spray some kind of rust encapsulater (eastwood makes one - other recommendations encouraged) and then patch a hole under the cowl.

Not the most exciting progress but arguably one of the most important steps for me.

68 Anniversary build - LS swap & Porterbuilt
Instagram @fourdoorphill
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote