View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #125
sparkydog

Re: Halfbreed - GMC Z71 + IH Extd Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
That was a good lead. I stopped off at NAPA and they have generic 45 and 90 elbow rubber fuel pipe. The 2" 90 was approx $35. I think that for now I will stick to my plan to extract off of something at the wrecking yard. Much cheaper to spend an hour of my time, get wet and dirty, maybe bleed a little and then pay $15 than to get what I want EZ for $35.
It was nice weather here in Oregon on Friday so I hit the wrecking yard for a short list of items. Didn't get wet. Did get very, very dirty. Didn't seem to make any blood (which is unusual for me). The pre-'87 GM truck rubber fill pipes sure had the right bend in them but they were 1.5" ID not 2". I think some models of F*** have 2" rubber inlets with 90* bends but could not find one that was easy to get at so I'm giving up and going the NAPA route.

I did walk out of there with the fuel door and surrounding fender metal from an Eff-word truck. This is going to get grafted into Halfbreed once I solve the fill pipe routing. I also snagged some vapor canister tubes/fittings and a fan shroud set that were MIA on my donor truck.

Last edited by sparkydog; 05-16-2010 at 01:28 PM.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote