Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 12:21 AM   #1045
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Sorry for not posting for quite a while. With all my kids birthdays and work travel it has been tough to get in the shop and finish up the Cummins. However I got the internals all back in and freshened up. Tonight I got the oil pan cleaned up and the rear main seal casting all cleaned up too. It got to late for me to finish it, but tomorrow night I should have the gasket on and the bottom end completed.

BTW I would like to make a correction on the above post. The mains do not get torqued to 176 foot pounds, they are torqued to 130 foot pounds. That 176 was in Newton Meters. I always double check my torque specs before I do anything and found out I was wrong and reread my post and did the forehead slap! Well at least I did catch that... Ug!

One other item I enjoyed doing was the honing of the cylinders. I had not done that since high school, but with a good friend giving me some great guidance it turned out easier than I thought it would. Now for those of you laughing at me because you know how easy it truly is, just remember I'm a DIY guy and not a machinist or an engine builder. Either way it turned out great.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote