View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #907
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Hi Guys - just checking into everyones stuff on here and seeing lots of new stuff!!! My junk is running pretty well - got the heat problem figured out, apparently wasnt a heat problem at all it was the placement of the sending unit. I have a VIC series manifold and had the sender in the rear port near cyl#8. I guess these manifolds are notorious for getting steam pockets in the rear areas and this was the problem.

Moved the sender to the block port right under the stat housing and its 185* all day long. Also have replaced the ebay alternator already... junk! no warranty either.

The other day the wife and I tried to go to breakfast in it before driving out to the "Stuck in Lodi" car show and the supercharger decided to blow the pipe off to the carb!!! - heard a loud noise and thought - is an airplane landing above me???? no it was the SC blowing air everywhere! Im guessing the little vac line to the Mondo valve came off, closed the valve down and blocked the pipe and the SC wasnt gonna have none of that once I pedalled it...

But its better to blow a $50 pipe then a $3000 head unit on the SC.

The other thing is we took a picture of the grand-daughter back when I started the truck. Some of you may remember this:

And now we just took another one and shes almost ready to turn 4 years old.

Attached Images