View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
67Steven

Re: 1972 K5 4x4 modified build

Somehow, I lost all of my in progress roll cage and axle swap pictures, however you can see them in the pictures from now on. I followed a member on here, Sand King’s cage as a guide, with a few modifications so it could be removable if required. I also acquired a 1991 Dana 60 front axle and a 1973 Corporate 14 bolt out of a van (to match track width) I went through both axles, re-geared to 5.13, Auburn up front and a Detroit in back. Also went to rear disc and cross-over steering.

I used DIY4X’s B52 kit to run 52” front springs, and also their shackle flip in the rear. These were pretty much bolt on swaps. I am running 4” lift springs with a zero rate block in back to push the rear axle back to it’s original spot.

Here is a few shots of my console under construction:

I am using a Winters cable shifter for the transmission, and I built my own cable shifter for the transfer case.

I finally received my Doug Thorley Headers after waiting three months. Only to find they hit the frame rails. So I made a small slice on each side by the motor mounts and reinforced it:

I picked up a rear roll pan at the Portland Swap Meet. I am going to run a tube rear bumper, and wanted to have it clean looking behind it. This worked great.

I mounted my tires onto the rims, and rolled it outside for a picture. Tires are 38x14.5x17 BFG KM2 and the rims are Trailready beadlocks:
67Steven is offline   Reply With Quote