View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #101
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Been about a month so I thought I would post a quick update as to the trucks progress...

I did finish up the Tcase rebuild about a month ago now. It wasn't terribly hard and I would certainly feel confident tackling another now that I know what to watch out for. Here are some pics when I finished it up:

Name:  AssembledTcase1.jpeg
Views: 1939
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  AssembledTcase2.jpeg
Views: 1998
Size:  88.9 KB

I have also been amassing parts to get the engine, trans, and Tcase back in the truck such as flexplate bolts, torque converter bolts, and bellhousing bolts. Also a bunch of steering parts...got a raised steering arm, drop pitman arm (both should give me a nice flat drag link angle), new tie rod ends, and this beauty:

Name:  RedHead.JPG
Views: 1990
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  Redhead2.JPG
Views: 1953
Size:  58.8 KB

I also cleaned and painted the Tcase adapter, fuel tank straps, main steering link (I always forget what it's called...). Lastly since I cannot find a vendor that sells the square u-bolt that holds the gas tank straps to the frame nor can I find a u-bolt manufacturer that will make me a 1-off for less than $125, I bought some 3/8" threaded rod to attempt to bend my own square u bolt - total cost from Home Depot? $2.50. Pics to come when I get around to bending it.

SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote