Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 11:51 PM   #551
HUSSEY

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
CoreyH; I would think twice about using that 700R4, in order to realize the benefits of that 5.3, you will need a 4L60E trans.
Personally, I don't think either transmission provides a benefit for the 5.3 unless you consider the ECM and it's ability to control the transmission.

If you're using the ECM from the 5.3 then yes I would agree that a 4L60E would be easier to get up and running, no need to hook up a T-V cable.

But, if you're going to a throttle body injection like the Holley Sniper or FI -Tech or with a carburetor then you could go with a 700R4, otherwise you will need a standalone transmission controller which run + $500. But, if you like the idea of being able to change shift points via your laptop then a 4L60E would be the way to go.

With the 700R4 you will need to hook up the T-V cable to the throttle body correctly and adjust it correctly, failing to do so will burn up your transmission.

So, in the end, I think it's really the builder that needs to weigh thier options to determine what best fits their needs, wants, and application.