View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
Ewr101

A/C Blower Motor Orange Wire Connection

72 w/ factory A/C- the orange wire that goes to the blower motor relay- on the fuse box side, where and how exactly does that wire connect on the fuse box? On the wiring diagrams I've seen, it seems to connect to the CIG section some how.

Some background info- when I got the Blazer, the orange wire had a female connector on it and was plugged into the CIG port on the fuse box and there was no cigarette lighter. I ordered one and added it to fill the hole in the dash properly and it works fine to charge my phone. I tapped into the hot wire going to the cigarette lighter to feed the blower. On occasion I do use the heater if it gets cool on the drive home. Last week on a drive my phone kept going in and out of charge and I traced the low voltage to the cigarette connector plugged into the fuse box- it had melted and corroded. I fixed it up but I don't believe the orange wire should be tapped into the the cig feed like it is, too much current for it. I just don't know how themorange wire supposed to be connected to the fuse box. I think it connects on the backside of the fuse box somehow. Anyone know?