View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 01:39 AM   #94
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Testing Windshield Wiper Motors

Thank you guys for your input! That's why I love this site.

MAV,
Sorry to hear that. I appreciate the suggestion, and will try it. I've gone through just about every system on the truck except the wipers/washer pump stuff. Might as well be a rubix cube that makes the wipers work...lol.

LOCKDOC,
I appreciate your reply. Thank you. Honestly I am completely clueless as to how the wiper/washer pump operate. I have both the F.S.M. And F.A.M. But I have never removed the wiper/washer assembly. Even when I rewired the truck I didnt pay much attention to what was what under the dash, especially since everything worked as should when I was finished installing the kit. But now I accept that it's on the list of things that should be serviced after 45 years.

From what I have read on this site is that a washer pump rebuild kit is a crapshoot and some folks opt for a newer style pump and relocate it accordingly. Is there any real benefit in swapping to a newer style pump? I don't mind keeping the setup O.E.M. But I'm not opposed to a different setup either. I'm mostly concerned with longevity, reliability, and ease of installation. (Unless it really is worth the extra work for a better setup.)

Living in Southern California, the weather is pretty much consistent year round. It's the few odd days when it isnt that I want to be prepared for.
Rain-X can only do so much.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote