View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Dub_X
Professional Crow Bar Tosser

Re: '92 GMC Southern Comfort Daily Driver

Now then, here came the not-so-hard part of removing the destroyed front clip, then temporarily putting on the front clip of my old '88 [That I will post sometime later.]

It wasn't really as hard as I thought it could be, but it could have been worse.

Now with that core support, fender, etc. off, it was time to put in some parts: Driver's side fender off of my '88, along with the core support. And the radiator, serpentine belt, and power steering pulley off of a '94 Chevy W/T V6 that my dad and I scrapped.

Fender on, now for the grille.

The grille is off of my '88 GMC, which I ran off the road and took out a road sign with the passenger's side. I busted up the grille and busted my sidemarker, so we did a little modifying.

Took the top sidemarker from the destroyed grille that came with the '92, cut down the busted sidemarker, and bolted it in the repair. Now I just need to fix that broken grille.

Front clip is back together solid, now it just needs a hood! [Don't you love those mix-matched turn signals? It didn't last.]

Hood is on! [And those stupid red double wipers are gone. I like normal windshield wipers that actually work.]

Truck is complete, even pulled those ugly ground effects running boards off. Now all that's left, is some new tires in the back. One tire was destroyed in the wreck, the other was blown out because the original owner decided to go burnout happy.
Dub_X is offline   Reply With Quote