View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
gconn77

Added Photos and More Information Regarding The Problem

I create a webpage that has all the photos and information about my problem. I did not want to load up the photos here and bog the message board down. However, I will post small thumbnail pics here. If you could please take a moment to click over to my page that has the full size photos.
The page I created is located at 84 Chevy C/10 Custom Deluxe.

PHOTO #6

This is a photo of the Charcoal Canister. Please click the photo or CLICK HERE to view the full size photo. The very bottom has the PCV. There is a bigger connection on the bottom of the post and a smaller connection above this. *The PCV is located on the right hand side valve cover. It is in good condition. It is connected directly to the carb. (See photo #9). Also looking at photo #10, there is some kind of splitter at the PCV. One rubber tube should come from the carb to the PCV, and then the rubber tube appears that is should then go from the PCV to the canister.

PHOTO #8

This is a photo of the Air Cleaner. Please click the photo or CLICK HERE to view the full size photo. In the air cleaner, located on the inside of the air filter, is the Thermatic air cleaner sensor. From what I read (Haynes), this sensor controls the damper in the snorker of the air cleaner. The problem is the damper is always open. I can reach in there and move the damper closed with my thumb, but the minute I let go, it returns to the open position. Cold weather and cold start engine, same problem. I belive that the Thermatic air cleaner sensor is bad.
Additionally, there is a capped rubber hose that is mounted to the bottom of the air cleaner. I would like to know where this is supposed to be connected to.

Lastly, there is a metal piece (I believe is the thermostat for the engine collant). There are three post that look like rubber tubes could be connected to them. Testing though resulted in no suction or liquid coming from these three posts.

PHOTO #9

This is a photo of the Carb. Please click the photo or CLICK HERE to view the full size photo. After removing the air cleaner, you can easily see four capped off rubber lines. I would really like to know where these all need to go. Removing the caps from any of these lines has no effect on the motor except for the bigger rubber hose with the larger bolt stuck in it acting as a cap. When I remove the cap on this rubber line, a huge amount of air is sucked into the tube and the moter very quickly stalls.

PHOTO #10

This is a photo of the VECI Label. Please click the photo or CLICK HERE to view the full size photo. This is an actual image of my Vehicle Emissions Control Information (VECI) Label.

Hopefully with this added information and photos you guys can help me get all of these hoses re-connected back to where they belong. I appreciate everyone's help as well as interest in this problem.

Regards,
Garry
gconn77 is offline   Reply With Quote