View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 04:23 PM   #69
Bdb68

Re: 1968 Custom Camper Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Good to hear you haven't had any major issues. I've been trying to find an affordable dmax donor truck around here with no real luck. Nice score on the C60!
I looked for a long time for a Duramax donor and everyone I could find way more than I wanted to spend. I pretty much gave up on the diesel swap, when a friend of mine sent me a link to the engine I ended up buying. The add listed the engine and trans, for the price they had listed, I almost didn't call because it was so cheap I thought it was a scam. I called anyways and the story was the guy heard the engine run, him and a buddy took everything they thought they needed out of the donor, planning on swapping into a 50s chevy truck. After a few months of scratching his head, he decided an LS swap would be easier. I got the engine, trans, transfer case, wiring harness, computers, radiator, and inner cooler. I would recommend getting the complete donor vehicle if you can. I got a really good deal on just the drive train, but I spent a lot of time and money tracking down all the small parts you don't think about. Check out facebook market place and coparts auction, around my area everyone on craigslist is asking ridiculous prices.
Thanks, I don't know if I will ever do anything with the C60 but I couldn't let it go to scrap, its too cool.
1972 Crew Cab Project
Bdb68 is offline   Reply With Quote