View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #11
03TKMRacing

Re: Project White Lightning

Well it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. Been too busy and for a while just plain forgot to but a lot has changed with the truck. Since getting it back to my shop I decided to shorten the frame and do a short bed conversion. I then found a good deal on a low miles 12v Cummins and pulled the trigger. I swapped injectors, upgraded the valve springs, 4K gov spring with the fuel pin, and put on head studs. I also advanced the timing a bit and went with a 2nd gen manifold and hx-35 turbo I had lying around. I sold the old engine and trans and built a beastie 47re for the truck. It has z pack clutched with an extra clutch added, Kevlar band, 48re 6 pinion planetaries, 48re overdrive unit and pump, billet servos/accumulater, transgo shift kit, triple lock BD converter, and an Sfi rated flexplate. During an annual swap meet in my area I picked up a full float 9” that was made for an asphalt late model. I had some extra 3.00 gears and carrier, got a full spool, and a big pattern Dana pinion support to handle the torque. I ditched the radiator support for a full cage connected though the firewall to the main hoop. I plan on using a one piece fiberglass front end and fiberglass bedsides with a custom bed cover. I will put up pics later
1971 Dodge Demon 225 Slant Six
03TKMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote