View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #3
James903

Re: PVC valve questions

I just noticed that spell check pvc instead of pcv lol o well. Yeah I checked the pcv valve and the more I think about it I just have a lot of block pressure. My guess is since I have high block pressure going into the port on the bottom of the carb is why I had a hard time tuning it until I disconnected it, and plugged the carb. It was throwing off my air fuel mix?? Now I'm wondering if its because the engine is still fairly fresh? It was a Craigslist engine I bought last Friday. I scored it super cheap and all I really wanted was the block. It turned out it was recently rebuilt. I tore it down and checked all the clearances and it was good so I just threw that cam in it and sealed it up, and just decided to run it. I was thinking about just leaving the carb plugged and running the pcv down the side of the engine, so the blow by from the pcv wouldn't make a mess. I figure I will lose some oil but I'm thinking after I get some miles on the engine and more broken in I could try reconnecting it?? I need to change the advance springs in the distributor still. I think that is also a little bit of my tuning problem.
James903 is offline   Reply With Quote