View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
RWJJR

Re: 4/6 drop, best brand to buy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
It all depends on the back spacing of the wheel.

If you run more BS than what's recommended (all spindle manufacturers have BS recommendations) you'll have interference issues even when using Western Chassis spindles.

That being said, apparently WC is currently having manufacturing related issues. Since xmas, I know of 2 instances where they did or were going to "substitute" Chassis Tech spindles in their place because of no inventory (it happened to me & another board member here). Since WC was bought out by POL, things have changed.
Once upon a time I would only use Western Chassis or Belltech spindles; now WC raises my eyebrow because of the bait & switch they attempted on me & actually did to the other board member.

Other manufacturers you could check out are CPP, McGaughys, or Summits line (not sure who's making theirs).

Beyond spindle brand, if you like the ride quality of the truck @ it's current height, spindles & 1 cut coil works fine. Spend the money on some high quality shocks (Ride Tech is an excellent choice). Don't skimp on the rear flip kit either.... Bell Techs or a similar kit is the way to go (too many 'e-bay' people just selling a press-bent piece of steel w/no gusseting & some new u-bolts & calling it a 'kit'). Do high quality shocks out back as well. They can completely change the ride quality.

You'll need to cut off the rear bump stops/brackets. C-sections might be required based on how much the truck is actually used like a truck. I usually base their need on the trucks useage.
I had some issues buying from western last year as well.
RWJJR is offline   Reply With Quote