View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
Yewhi

Re: Making My Own Bed Wood-Equal Width Boards?

Personally, I just like the look of the unequal but symmetrical boards that the original had. Purely for aesthetic reasons though.

I am in the process of finishing my bed now and knowing what I now know I probably would've either made it myself or had it made locally. I bought mine made and predrilled. The company I bought it from got it from another vendor. The first set they sent me was clearly the wrong set as the bolt pattern was not correct. Had to go through the hassle of "proving" that is wasn't correct then sending back a 78 lbs package and waiting for the new.

Second set had the correct bolt pattern, so I went ahead, finished the boards and guess what? The bolt holes for the second inward boards are not in the correct location. Now I have to go through that whole mess all over again, but now complicated by the fact that I've already finished the boards.

The bottom line is save yourself the headache and do it yourself. I can deal with my own screw-ups but other people's just p*ss me off.

**Edit. After further investigation it appears that the boards they sent were actually correct but that different factory locations did things differently. So now I'll have to get the new boards made anyway. DEFINITELY save the frustration of potentially having to do it over again and do it yourself!

Last edited by Yewhi; 08-19-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Information added
Yewhi is offline   Reply With Quote